Thursday, January 27, 2011

DAVID KATO - The World Reacts

Sad and shocking news.. It’s sad for LGBTI people in the world but even sadder for LGBTI people in Uganda who have lost a friend, family member, colleague, mentor, educator and all things that David Kato embodied.  I do not know David Kato personally but I do know this, he has done good work.  What else can drive a person to commit such an atrocity against another if not the hope to stop progress of good work? I am trying so hard to see the big picture here in the midst of all this…
When I first read this on African Activist, I felt sick to my stomach. I have still not found words to adequately express what i feel.
Giles Muhame, Pastor Eat the Poopoo et al, now you can see the result of your 15mins of fame! Am sure you can find some excuse to justify sleeping through the night after this; but I doubt that you like the reflection looking back at you when you look through the mirror from the time you learnt of David Kato’s death.
In solidarity with friends and LGBTI people in Uganda, here are some messages received from across the world.
2.       EU President
1.       President Barack Obama

4.       Hillary Clinton
5.       Amnesty International
6.       Norway
May David Kato’s soul rest in eternal peace.
The struggle continues. Keep the faith!
Sweetp.

1 comment:

  1. David was a brave human being whose life must be remembered: http://cordialconstriction.blogspot.com/2011/01/david-kato-kisule-1964-2011-activista.html

    "A luta continua" ("The struggle continues" in Portuguese, my mother tongue) for all kuchus of Uganda, Kenya, Africa, Asia, Australia, America or Europe who confront continuously a hostile world.

    Good night, Sweetp, good February.

    ReplyDelete