Sunday, December 5, 2010

Good Anger?

Am angry…am angy at everything…
Am angry at the society that is so bigoted, discriminative,hateful and prejudiced. Am angry at myself for being so understanding of those who don’t care to understand me. I am angry at the distance that keeps me and the one that I love from each other. And mostly am angry that even if we were at the same place at the same time, we would still be hiding what we feel about each other unless ofcourse that place happens to be an accepting one.
The good thing about this anger is that I do not feel like punching something on the face, maybe its because generally am not a violent person, but it make me want to change something. I want to change how they look at me when they realize that am a lesbian. I want to change how they feel about me being a lesbian. I want to change how they react when they find out that someone they have known for most of their lives actually aint straight.
There are so many people out there fighting for people like me to be more accepted in this society. They risk life and limb to ensure that I am treated differently by the next person I meet. To these people, I may not know you personally and may not know where you are…but I would like you to know that I am forever thankful and greatful for the work you are doing.
While I have been sitting on the sidelines watching these great men and women fight, secretly hoping that no one spots me in the arena, my self and I have agreed that the passive stance is of no consequence. I yearn to join the army. There is no satisfaction in sitting still. Even if courage eludes me, am sure one voice added to the throng will make a difference however small. Am sure courage will meet me half way. There is satisfaction in fighting for a worthy cause…and the worth of this cause is my life.
For some the struggle continues…For me, it has just begun...
Is this good anger or what?

Sweetp

2 comments: